Monday, August 11, 2008

The Art of Drinking!

Tequila makes me violent but that’s what I am and I love it.

Vodka sneaks up on me like an evil assassin of drunkenness.

Gin, on the other hand, turns me mean, it’s a perfect energizer just before a basketball game. I strongly refute the idea that port gives you worse hangovers.

Champagne gets me stumbling around quickly but this is likely to be because I only ever drink it at parties without eating properly.

Mixers make a difference too.

All alcohol is depressant and sedative but drinking vodka with Red Bull or Coke (loaded with sugar and caffeine) will obviously have a different effect than drinking it neat.

Beer often is a drink to get you laid, but it bloats up my stomach and heaven forbid what happens after that.

My sinusitis becomes clear with the strong smell of whiskey but to drink it is out of the question.I enjoy the classiness while drinking wine, but it makes me mistake words for thoughts.

I like our very own Ara, I have always liked it and that’s why I aint touching it ever again.

Druk 11000 has taken out a lot from inside me and 1000 beer has been my college drink.

Black mountain made me master the art of getting drunk and Baileys have basically made my pockets empty.

Traditional alcohol like Tongba and Bangchang always brings out the Bhutanese in me.

There is a devil in every berry of the grape wine, the drink responsible for getting me into trouble with dad.

I would take poison but I can’t stand the taste of rum.

I would rather have my belly burst than miss out on a drink like Jungle Fever.

I have always preferred the olives to martinis but the shaker always does the magic.

Changkey is the only alcohol I can drink without any limitations at family gatherings.

Rockbee is the cause and the solution to many of my life’s problems.

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite when I got a shot of dad’s $1000 worth scotch and how I wish I can lay my lips on it again.

And then again reality bit me when I had to bump someone to buy me a shot of screw driver.

And yet when I think of drinking, it is the most essential part of me.

I have made friends, I have drowned my sorrows, celebrated my happiness and above all it has kept me alive.

Drinking is one thing and getting drunk is another so hats off to all the drunkards.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If a drunkard writes about wine he'll glorify it....???

Anyway, I like this article,may be just becuase i'm also one of the dds....ha ha!