Monday, August 11, 2008

Losing Parts of Myself!

A part of me wants to write and a part of me wants to draw. There is a part of me who wants to study environment and another who wants to be an anthropologist. Yet there is another part of me who wants to travel and at the same time a part who wants to remain just where I am.

There is a part of me who wants to love and there is a part of me who wants to be loved. But there is a larger part of me who wants to break free, live life on my own principles and grounds. To put myself into all parts will take a larger part of me.While trying to find happiness in myself by keeping other’s happy, I have lost the biggest part of me.

My whole life has been fragmented into these small parts, confusing me every new day. What I am today is a reflection of the broken part of me.I have fallen and never once risen to put bits and pieces of myself together again. “I will never be the same, I will never find the person within me that I have lost,” I often told my friends.

Yes, I do believe there is yet a whole life ahead of me and yes, I do believe things won’t be the same forever. Destiny and fate, yes, I do believe in them as well. “After every stormy day there is sunshine.”

Indeed!But what I don’t understand is how long the sun will take to shine on me. I have often tried to fix the broken parts of my life. I really did, believe me! While trying to fix the broken parts, somehow, I always couldn’t find a few parts of me who used to be determined, who used to be in love with life and the part that used to sing the joys of life. Without these parts I will never be me.

The missing parts of me which I cant seem to find makes me feel different in my own skin.Years have gone by and I have lost many parts of me as I journeyed through life. If only I took care of the parts I lost, I would still be me!

No comments: